WELCOME TO MAC
MORNING AND AFTERNOON CARE
What is MAC?
MAC, which stands for Morning and Afternoon Care, is a school-based program that provides childcare for students before and after school. MAC is also open on special days when school is not in session, such as snow days, early dismissal days, and school holidays.
Where is MAC?
Franklin Elementary School MAC is located at the Central Office Annex, often called the “Franklin Elementary lower campus.” It is located directly across the street from Franklin Elementary on Cannon Street.
When is MAC open?
MAC hours are from 6:00 a.m. until the start of school, and from school dismissal until 6:00 p.m. every evening. On holidays MAC is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Snow hours are from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., provided the Director of Schools has determined it is safe for staff to travel on the roads.
Why use MAC?
• MAC provides a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for children from Kindergarten through fourth grade.
• MAC provides a variety of stimulating activities, both social and physical.
• MAC is located at your child’s school.
• MAC staff are employed by the FSSD, and many of them work as teachers or aides in your child’s school.
• There are no outside companies to deal with.
• You only pay for the days your child attends.
For more information about the MAC program, including rates, schedules and registration forms, please visit FSSD MAC online.
Franklin Elementary MAC
FSSD MAC Office: 615-790-4719
- Honors Program Info Meeting Set for Feb. 1 (Rising 5th Grade Families)
- Homeland Security Agent Talks About Digital Dangers
- Planning for Your Special Needs Child’s Future: It’s Never Too Early to Start
- FSSD Receives Exemplary Status in Achievement on State Accountability Report
- Attendance Matters: Attend Today, Achieve Tomorrow