The Franklin Special School District will open the public review period for the English Language Arts (ELA) textbooks that the district is considering for adoption in the 2020-2021 school year beginning February 3. The hard copies of the textbook offerings for ELA will be located in Room 6 at the Central Office Annex, 1406 Cannon Street. The room will be open on the following dates and times:
- February 3 from 8:15a.m. – 3:15p.m
- February 4 from 8:15a.m. – 3:15p.m
- February 6 from 8:15a.m. – 1:30p.m.
- February 7 from 8:15a.m. – 3:15p.m
- February 10 from 8:15a.m. – 3:15p.m
- February 11 from 8:15a.m. – 3:15p.m
- February 12 from 8:15a.m. – 12:30p.m.
- February 13 from 8:15a.m. – 1:00p.m.
- February 14 from 8:15a.m. – 12:00p.m.
Upon entering the main doors of the Annex, visitors are asked to sign in after presenting a valid, government-issued ID. Information about the review process and a form to provide feedback, as well as the state ELA standards and information about the textbook adoption process, will be available.
Textbooks are the foundational resource used for instruction in our schools, so the district takes this decision seriously. Input from teachers, administrators, and the community will be considered in order to reach a consensus regarding the textbook series that will be offered to the FSSD School Board for final approval at the March school board meeting. Parents and community members are a valued partner in the education of our students and we appreciate involvement!
For further information, please contact FSSD’s textbook coordinator, Dr. Mary Decker, FSSD Curriculum and Professional Learning Supervisor, at email@example.com.